October 02, 2014

HALLOWEEN ENJOYABLES: MY HAUNTED HOUSE BOARD ON PINTEREST


Date(s) Enjoyed: I've enjoyed compiling it little by little this year.

Classic styled haunted houses have always seemed tremendously inviting to me despite their intentions to terrify. If you share my affinity for looking at fictional haunted buildings from various decades you might want to check out my carefully curated Pinterest board. There's only about fifty images thus far, but they are all hand-picked haunts that strongly appeal to me, and serve as good visual resources for any and all haunted house related efforts. Or you could practice your pattern recognition by noting how many have crooked shutters, full moons, or dead trees in common.

I don't throw just anything on there. I make sure they're a decent size when you click 'em, and I often touch-up or enhance the images after I steal them. Some are fairly common, but a few are hard to find images like this amazing greeting card from the 1960s, that actually sold on ebay for close to a hundred bucks...


Go on and have a look. Here's that link again. No need to scroll all the way back up, above that last picture. I've got you covered. 
Note that if you don't have an account I don't think you can see them all without signing up, which is the worst of all things, and probably not worth it unless you happen to be enticed by the concept.

If you spend one second looking at each haunted house, then by the time you're done you'll be almost one minute closer to Halloween! ...and your own death! 


7 comments:

Strange Kid said...

Awesome collection Kirk!

Brian Barnes said...

The second image is very much a desktop backdrop image, there are so many interesting bits and pieces to see in the picture, and the crunched look of the house gives it a great otherworldly feel.

The first image, with it's bold color brushes, look a bit too much like advertising art, though. You can't go to far stylizing spooky.

Shawn Robare said...

Oh man! These are wonderful Kirk, and though I'm new to pinterest I love the idea of seeing galleries that are hand cultivated by folks with great taste. This reminds me of a couple things, need to break out my Halloween Horrors vinyl (also has a nice haunted house on the cover, though antebellum in style) and I finally need to unpack and build my Lego haunted house from the Monster Fighters series...

Todd Franklin said...

I always love a good haunted house and it looks like you've made a nice collection of spooky abodes.

Dex said...

They don't make me like this anymore!

Anonymous said...

I love you haunted house collection. It's everything Halloween should be!
- Vanessa

Kirk D. said...

strange kid- thank you!

Brian- I was surprised when I learned that that top image was done in the early 70s. It looks so much like stuff you see today.

Shawn- Of course! I've got that record and I need to add it as well. And I am super envious of your Lego haunted house! It's been on my wish list since I first saw it.

Todd- thanks I knew you could appreciate them!

Thank you Vanessa! Yes, "Everything Halloween Should Be." should be the tag line!