September 12, 2011

8-BIT HOUSE OF HORROR

(click it for hugeness)

Hiya folks! This Friday the Gallery 1988, Venice Beach location is debuting an artistic tribute to old school video games and I was more than happy to contribute. House of Horror is my attempt to merge two of my favorite things: classic arcade games and amusement park dark rides. (Yet again I was influenced by the Phantasmagoria.) I used a dayglo color pallet based on vintage Halloween decorations to tie it all together.

If you're near Santa Monica this weekend please visit the gallery and tell my painting that I already miss it.

Better yet, you could buy the original and talk to it all the time.



3 comments:

Brother Bill said...

Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Sinistar, Pac-Man, Tempest, Q-bert, Dig-Dug, Centipede, Berzerk... Did I miss any?

Kirk D. said...

There's a teeny little lander from Defender under Q-Bert, but you still get an A!

Jamey Clayberg said...

dude you are in your zone m'boy