May 07, 2008

FLiP: BIGGER, CLEARER, AND UNCUT

Speaking of the Johnson Smith Co. and the seven-foot monsters that J.J. Abrams spoke of (well, actually he was referring to the monster poster), I just uploaded Flip, the Rondo-winning short film that my friends and I put together, to a most excellent video sharing site called Vimeo. Here it's got a larger and less compressed picture than it did on Google Video. So if you haven't seen it and you feel like visiting a sunny Saturday morning in the late 1960s, when life revolved around comic books, monster movies and dime stores— now is the time to go for it...



Note: if it's playing choppy here then try watching directly on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched it before, but it does look really good at vimeo. I like the stuff with the grown-up Flip; it wasn't in the shorter animated one, was it? I've had similar experiences with Dawn dolls. My mother reminds me that if I just hadn't cut all of their hair off or lost them in the back yard, I wouldn't have to buy them on eBay and at the flea market.

Where was this filmed? The house and the neighborhood are perfect.

Todd Franklin said...

Flip looks pretty sharp on Vimeo and Vimeo looks like a better way to go instead of YouTube. By the way Swivel Cherry rocks!

Kirk D. said...

vintage reader- Yes, the grown-up stuff was added to flesh out the film version. It's funny how crappy stuff + childhood memories = valuable.
Speaking of which, thanks for the introduction to Dawn dolls.

Flip was filmed in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Flip's on screen house is a total dream home.

todd- thanks and note to self: Set all other videos to "private."