December 13, 2013

PAINT BY NUMBER PEE-WEE

Gallery 1988's 7th annual Crazy 4 Cult art show is going on right now, and once again I had the honor of participating in it! This year I chose to celebrate one of my all-time favorite movies, Pee-wee's Big Adventure, with this paint-by-numbers style acrylic piece.
(It's for sale HERE.) UPDATE: SOLD!

Applying this look to Pee-wee's world made perfect sense to me. Not only does the fun, colorful, scenery translate to the format nicely, but both his movie home and his television playhouse are decorated with paint-by-number art.


I have a couple old paint-by-number pieces hanging in my bathroom too, which probably explains why this idea was inevitable.

This is actually the second artistic tribute I've made to the film. The first was my wallet-size portrait of the Buxtons which came with Pee-wee's wallet.


See below for more information about the show. You can view all the art HERE.




No comments: